Born in Arizona on 24 January 1981, to Jeff and Melonie Murphy, Judge Murphy was raised in Waynesville, North Carolina with two brothers, Kyle and Blake, and was a Varsity Swimmer at Tuscola High School.
Married to Kellie since 2009 and the father of twins, Brayden and Eden. Member of Pinnacle Church in Canton.
- University of the Pacific - McGeorge School of Law, J.D. (2006)
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, B.A. (2003) - Economics and Religious Studies
- Partner at Ridenour, Murphy & Goss (2006-2012)
- Solo Practitioner at Hunter Murphy Law, PC (2012-2016)
- North Carolina State Bar (2006)
- Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians Tribal Bar (2006)
- Federal District Court for the Western District of North Carolina (2009)
- North Carolina Bar Association (Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, and Appellate Law Sections)
Hobbies and Community Activities
- Coaching Little League
- Attending sporting events
- Enjoying time with his children, wife, and four dogs